The Laidlaw Memorial School of St. George's Homes, Ketti was founded in 1914 by the late Rev. John Breeden, to provide a home and education for children of the Protestant European and Anglo-Indian communities. It was generously endowed by late Sir Robert Laidlaw. The institution started its life in Kodaikanal but moved to Ketti, its present home, in 1922.
The school stands in a forested area in the heart of one of the most beautiful valleys in South India, at an elevation of 2,082 metres, and its campus covers over 224 acres. This provides ample space for playing fields and sports grounds.